Waiver Wire

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Waivers:
Julio Lugo
Brent Lillibridge
Jose Guillen
Chien Meng Wang
Gil Meche
Kyle Farnsworth


Last edited by Admin on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brian Anderson

Post  MagicSox on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:39 pm

A question: since I released him, would he go on waivers or just become a free agent?

MagicSox

Posts : 102
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:41 pm

MagicSox wrote:A question: since I released him, would he go on waivers or just become a free agent?

Waivers for 1 day and first team to claim him gets him until the season starts.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  MagicSox on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Admin wrote:
MagicSox wrote:A question: since I released him, would he go on waivers or just become a free agent?

Waivers for 1 day and first team to claim him gets him until the season starts.

What do you mean, "until the season starts"?

And after one day, is he a free agent?

MagicSox

Posts : 102
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm

MagicSox wrote:
Admin wrote:
MagicSox wrote:A question: since I released him, would he go on waivers or just become a free agent?

Waivers for 1 day and first team to claim him gets him until the season starts.

What do you mean, "until the season starts"?

And after one day, is he a free agent?

if he goes unclaimed.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  MagicSox on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Admin wrote:
MagicSox wrote:
Admin wrote:
MagicSox wrote:A question: since I released him, would he go on waivers or just become a free agent?

Waivers for 1 day and first team to claim him gets him until the season starts.

What do you mean, "until the season starts"?

And after one day, is he a free agent?

if he goes unclaimed.

Alright.

MagicSox

Posts : 102
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I claim Brian Anderson if by tommorow no one else has I get him.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  thecommish101831 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Phillies waive Jamie Moyer

thecommish101831

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Curry on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 am

If I trade a player for multiple prospect that have yet to be added on the 40man roster, Does that mean they will listed under my prospect list (after the trade) and not have to waive other players on the 40man for them?

Curry

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:57 am

Curry wrote:If I trade a player for multiple prospect that have yet to be added on the 40man roster, Does that mean they will listed under my prospect list (after the trade) and not have to waive other players on the 40man for them?

You only waive them if they get removed from your roster, they stay on waivers for a day then become free agents.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jays Wavier

Post  Curry on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:02 am

Admin wrote:
MagicSox wrote:Pending comisssioner approval, Red Sox trade Hideki Okajima and Aaron Bates to Toronto Blue Jays for Ricky Romero.

approved

The Toronto Blue Jays Waive/offer back to the Nats: relief pitcher Zach Zinicola to make room for Bates on the 40man roster

Curry

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:02 am

[quote="Admin"]
Curry wrote:If I trade a player for multiple prospect that have yet to be added on the 40man roster, Does that mean they will listed under my prospect list (after the trade) and not have to waive other players on the 40man for them?

You only waive them if they get removed from your roster, they stay on waivers for a day then move to your minor league system. If you release them again they don't have to pass through waivers.quote]
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Royals on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:27 pm

I want to release two players into Free Agency to unload their salaries, so, I think this is what I need to do to free up cap room for my team.

Jose Guillen and Gil Mesche are placed on waivers
avatar
Royals

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Royals on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Royals have claimed Jamie Moyer off waivers from the Philadelphia Phillies
avatar
Royals

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  oxygen on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:47 am

Cardinals waive Julio Lugo

oxygen

Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 am

[quote="Admin"]Waivers:
Jose Guillen
Gil Meche
Julio Lugo
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Royals on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:01 am

Royals have waived Kyle Farnsworth
avatar
Royals

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Counciltucky on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Yankees waive Chien-Ming Wang for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release. Yankees save $5M in the process.

Counciltucky

Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  whitesox2005 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:39 pm

White Sox place Brent Lillibridge on Waivers for his release.

whitesox2005

Posts : 72
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 32
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 pm

You can now choose to either waive or DFA them if you DFA them you have 10 days to trade, release, or option them to the minors.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  thecommish101831 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:27 pm

What is the point with waiving players? If we all unload our highpriced crap, we basically just free ourselves of the contract if they're not claimed. Where in the MLB, they still have to pay the contract; the new team pays the minimum

thecommish101831

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:31 pm

thecommish101831 wrote:What is the point with waiving players? If we all unload our highpriced crap, we basically just free ourselves of the contract if they're not claimed. Where in the MLB, they still have to pay the contract; the new team pays the minimum

you will have to pay half of his salary. And wouldn't you rather get something for an overpaid player rather than nothing?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Royals on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:31 pm

this blows
avatar
Royals

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Royals wrote:this blows

you could reclaim him and then trade him. I would take either Meche and Guillen or possibly both for Milton Bradley.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile http://baseballleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  thecommish101831 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Admin wrote:
thecommish101831 wrote:What is the point with waiving players? If we all unload our highpriced crap, we basically just free ourselves of the contract if they're not claimed. Where in the MLB, they still have to pay the contract; the new team pays the minimum

you will have to pay half of his salary. And wouldn't you rather get something for an overpaid player rather than nothing?

Well how are we going to know salaries if half the team's rosters don't have salaries listed?

And also, I think we jumped the gun on this. We're using 09 salaries for the 2010 season... shoulda waited til March to go at this imo

Think about the Giants and Timmy Lincecum... he's listed for cheap now, and he's gonna get $10 mil in arbitation

thecommish101831

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiver Wire

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum